WAGES 1st Regional Forum – June 2017
- Publication Type:
- Year Published:
- Global Affairs Canada
- WUSC - CECI
- CECI (Centre for Intenationalonal Studies and Cooperation)
- Burkina Faso, Ghana, Guinea
- Olivia Nasewicz ([email protected])
- Sharing Knowledge
World University Services of Canada (WUSC) and the Center for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) is jointly implementing the West Africa Government & Economic Sustainability in Extractive Areas (WAGES) Project.
As part of this project the Second Meeting of the Project Steering Committee of the project and the 1st Regional Forum was held on June 20th, 21st and 22nd 2017 at the Alisa Hotel in Accra, Ghana.
Specific objectives of the Regional Forum included:
- Sharing and discussing the implementation mechanisms of each country’s Minerals Development Funds;
- Discussing the role of the EITI in tracking the expenditures of Minerals Development Funds;
- Presenting the WAGES project to an expanded group of stakeholders in Ghana;
- Sharing and exchanging ideas on the implementation of the Ghana Minerals Development Fund;
- Sharing best practices to maximize local content in the extractive sector.
Delegations from Canada, Burkina Faso, Guinea and Ghana attended both the Steering Committee and the Regional Forum. This report shows the results of the Regional Forum4. It includes presentations and discussions concerning the Minerals Development Funds of the 3 countries where WAGES is implemented, as well as the contents of the 2 panels held at the Regional Public Forum on June 22nd 2017.